Need A Cosmetology License in Oklahoma?
If you plan to practice cosmetology in the wonderful state of Oklahoma, you would need to get a license from the Oklahoma Board of Cosmetology. There are various requirements, which are specified by the Board and these need to be fulfilled in order to get a license.
What are the requirements for getting a cosmetology license in Oklahoma?
- General cosmetology – The individual applying for this license must have completed at least 3,000 hours of training in an approved apprentice program.
- Cosmetology – 1,500 hours of study must be completed
- Cosmetician - 600 hours of study must be completed
- Esthetician and Facialist - 600 hours of study must be completed
- Facial and esthetics – 1,000 hours of study must be completed
- Hair braiding technician – 600 hours of study must be completed
- Manicurist – 600 hours of study must be completed
- Manicurist instructor license – 1,000 hours of study must be completed
- Instructor license – 1,000 hours of study must be completed
- Demonstrator – They should apply for a license from the board before starting any sort of cosmetology demonstration in the state.
Cosmetology Oklahoma can provide a rewarding career – the individual who wishes to apply for license must be at least sixteen years of age. He/she should have a minimum educational qualification of eighth grade. She or he would also need to complete the theoretical and practical sections of the exams in order to qualify. There is different fee specified for the purpose of exam and the individual, who wishes to get a particular license must pay the specified fee.
You will want to attend Cosmetology Oklahoma City School, Cosmetology Tulsa school or another Cosmetology Oklahoma school first to make sure you are aware of how to do everything before taking the licensee exam. Other types of schools to consider if you are interested in Cosmetology include: Oklahoma Massage School or Oklahoma Nusing School.